Excerpt from my journal:
"I jumped in the ocean to make myself feel alive. All I got was cold hands and seaweed in my hair."
When stuff weighs on my mind, I can always turn to tumblr.
You did what you felt was the best decision. That does not make you a bad person. That makes you brave for booking the appointment, getting past pro-life protesters, for going through the procedure, getting through it all and still being here.
You are brave, you are strong, and you absolutely are a good person despite what some people will tell you.
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapter make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough.— For unhappy girls who like sitting in the sun (h.f.j.)